[Wolves] minidlna streaming to new Sony TV on ethernet

Kevanf1 kevanf1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:20:39 UTC 2014

Is the server allowed through the firewall?  I use the Plex media server on
my two Mint boxes.  I have found that it does need to have the port that
the server wishes to use (in my case Plex Media server) as an allowed
exception.  Add to that there are a number of ports that it needs to be
opened for it.  Could this be a similar case?

The next thing I would look at, again using my Plex experience, would be
permissions for the actual files being served.  Plex needs to have the
files open for read and write access by both the owner and by 'others'.  It
adds tiny bits of date to the file to show when it's been watched etc.

Sorry if none of that is of any use but I just thought I'd try offering
something :)

Kevan
Linux user #373362
Staffordshire