[Wolves] GDPR compliance

Mark Rogers mark at more-solutions.co.uk
Thu May 24 13:46:28 UTC 2018

On 24 May 2018 at 13:04, Peter Cannon via Wolves <wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk>
wrote:

> Hands up all the grown ups that have said at some stage "That leaflet
> about gutter cleaning, did you throw it away love?"

Of-course the irony is that GDPR won't touch these; anything untargetted
where none of your personal details are used is fine isn't it? So we should
expect to see an increase in untargetted flyers thanks to GDPR; printing a
million leaflets and sticking one through every door, without knowing or
caring whether the person inside wants, it has just become a lot more
attractive.

(And of-course the majority of genuinely spam email was illegal before, so
it's hardly going to stop because of GDPR.)