[Wolves] Richard M. Stallman resigns

Stephen Parkes sparkes at westmids.biz
Tue Sep 17 08:48:45 UTC 2019

On Tue, 17 Sep 2019 at 09:34, Peter Cannon via Wolves <
wolves at mailman.lug.org.uk> wrote:

> On 17/09/2019 09:09, Stephen Parkes wrote:
> > Nah, the fact he's a dinosaur who hates women has finally been noticed
> > by enough people.
>
> So I'm not saying I agree with Stallman but I do see this as another
> example of people not being allowed to speak their mind or allowed to have
> an opinion for that matter. I'm not convinced:

He's a prick.  It's not about not being allowed to speak your mind because
the things he repeatedly comes out with are the shit that ugly kids who
think they should be fucking super models say on incel forums.  He's been
saying these things for years it's just now people know they can stand up
against bigots in positions of power and about time.

ESR is also a prick.  I have an equal opportunities approach to my dislike
of them both as people.  :)

You can like the message without liking the messenger I just wish we had
better people speaking on these matters.

Steve