[Wylug-discuss] Anyone in meanwood?

Chris James mail at chrisjames.me.uk
Wed Oct 29 19:53:37 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I'm looking for someone who lives in meanwood, who would be prepared to
help me out getting broadband. The flat I live in wont allow me to
install it (long story!) but I have wonderful line-of-sight views over
meanwood valley.

I am planning to install a wireless network uplink from the house of
whoever can help. I would provide kit (hopefully all indoor stuff
through windows - i've been told it should) and would be willing to pay
to share someones broadband connection (or even get my own installed).

See this post on consume_leeds for details + photos :
http://lists.gink.org/consume/Oct03/0598.html. I look down on the
rugby/football pitch, meanwood road, steinbeck road etc.

It would be quite a fun challenge and would help my research (I am a
masters student at leeds uni researching cyberlaw), so I am really
hoping that either you can help me directly or know of someone who can.

Here's hoping,

Chris.