[Wylug-discuss] CUPS

Jon Stockill jon at stockill.org.uk
Wed Sep 17 14:28:22 BST 2003

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, ALLEN, David wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with CUPS? I have compiled it on one of our
> suns without to many problems and raw printing is working OK with a
> postscript printer. However, when I add a driver with the -m option, the
> software stops printing.
>
> What is the connection between CUPS and ghostscript? The documentation says
> ghostscript is only needed for non-postscript printers, not our case. I have
> installed ghostscript but it did not have any effect.

ISTR that in the default config the line for ghostscript is commented out,
which caused me no end of frustration, since everything was installed, but
it never actually called ghostscript to rasterise the output for my
deskjet. Check the config files to make sure nothing you need is commented
out - the web config interface isn't much help in this.

--
Jon Stockill
jon at stockill.org.uk