[Wylug-discuss] CUPS

Roger Leigh roger at whinlatter.uklinux.net
Thu Sep 18 00:19:52 BST 2003

"ALLEN, David" <David.ALLEN at eur.crowncork.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone had any experience with CUPS? I have compiled it on one of our
> suns without to many problems and raw printing is working OK with a
> postscript printer. However, when I add a driver with the -m option, the
> software stops printing.
>
> What is the connection between CUPS and ghostscript? The documentation says
> ghostscript is only needed for non-postscript printers, not our case. I have
> installed ghostscript but it did not have any effect.

I gave a talk on CUPS and printing a few months back.  The talk notes
I prepared are available in PDF format from the WYLUG website--you
might find them useful.

If you're interested in the awful detail, Kurt's excellent tutorial
material
<URL:http://www.linuxprinting.org/kpfeifle/LinuxKongress2002/Tutorial/>
might be even better.

Regards,