[Wylug-discuss] Recommendations requested for SMS provider.

Dave Brotherstone davebrotherstone at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 21:21:01 BST 2005

I can heartily recommend Clickatell, cheap, reliable, do what they say on
the tin. I've used them for a couple of years, sent a good few thousand
"alert" style messages. SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS and FTP (for bulk only, I think)
protocols supported. I've not sent bulk messages through them, but the
alerts I've sent have always been sent promptly (under 1 minute ish).

I have some php that I use to send them - if you want a copy then just mail
me off list, but it is fairly trivial..

Dave.