[Wylug-discuss] Cron report messages

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Dec 16 12:34:35 GMT 2005

On Friday 16 Dec 2005 11:58, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> Check your email logs to see if the workstation is currently sending
> reports that are bouncing or getting filed somewhere unexpected.
> Most likely thing is that reports are being sent, but that the sender
> address/domain or recipient domain is something that other systems
> refuse because it is invalid.

It doesn't seem to be so.  I checked /var/spool/mail.  There's nothing
in errors, and nothing in warnings.  Running the cron job 'now' from
webmin doesn't create anything in info if I run it without the nail
command, but creates an entry for the message (which is delivered) if
it has the nail comand.

Anne
Mandriva hints & tips: http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org