[Wylug-discuss] future meetings...........

Chris Davies chris at roaima.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 11:39:05 GMT 2005

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Seriously though, and good pointers on where to start would be
> appreciated.  I've got a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT996VP running FC3.
>
> I've been told to start by looking at NDIS Wrappers on sourceforge. Any
> other good starting points?

You need to determine whether your wireless card is supported by either
ndiswrapper or the (commercial but good) driverloader from www.linuxant.com. I
couldn't get my DELL Latitude D600 wireless to work with ndiswrapper, the
former, so I stumped up the GBP 11 or so for the linuxant alternative.

What caught me when I googled around is that DELL appear to change the wireless
card vendor in their D600s every so often. Mine's a Broadcom 54g.

Chris