[Wylug-discuss] Hello!

Stephanie Bailey stephstellar at hellokitty.com
Tue Jul 26 09:15:10 BST 2005

Hi,

I'm new to both Linux and the group, so I thought I'd introduce myself :)

I'm Stephanie, 29, living in Leeds. A little while ago I did a PGDip conversion course in computing which has the combined benefits of teaching you a little bit about everything and being of bog-all practical use, except for maybe making me less scared to mess with my computer! Honestly I think I have learned more about how my PC works in one week of using Ubuntu than in the whole year at Wolverhampton ;) But one of my lecturers there got me interested in open-source, so at least there was some benefit...

Feeling very proud of myself for figuring out how to get my USB ADSL modem working, fixing screen res, setting  up Japanese input, installing a lighter desktop... Yes, pretty small potatoes I know, but having fun tinkering and looking forward to learning more!

Anyway, hello!
Steph