[Wylug-discuss] Hello!

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue Jul 26 09:34:41 BST 2005

Hi Step!

Welcome to the group!

It sounds like you've already made a lot of progress using Linux and
it's great that you've come this far.

There's a really broad mix of people who participate so there's lots of
experienced people as well as other new users who may face some of the
same challenges as yourself.

We have an active set of mailing lists. Most activity is on wylug-help
and wylug-discuss, but you should subscribe to wylug-annouce too. There
are mailing list archives are at
http://list.wylug.org.uk/pipermail/wylug-* so you can read what's been
discussed lately.

We also meet up once a month on the second Monday. Usually we meet at a
room in Leeds University and have one or two talks either given by
Wyluggers or guest speakers. Then we head off to the pub for more Linux
and non-Linux discussion. The talk are always open to all and free of
charge.

The next meeting is on the 8th of August, but traditionally the August
meeting is a pub only one. I think we have some food provided this year,
so it'd be a great opportunity to make it your first meeting.

Regards,

James