Content Management Software (was Re: [Wylug-discuss] Introduction)

Richard Wade rik at rikwade.com
Wed Mar 2 19:53:09 GMT 2005

> Matt Lee wrote:

>My main interest is the web, and I use Zope/Plone/Python for these things.
>In my previous life, I was an ASP/VB programmer, but thankfully
>escaped them to concentrate on free software.

Welcome. I'm sure you'll find Leeds a great place to live and there's a
good OSS and ICT community there. Reading http://leeds.cnuk.org/, I'm not
sure who told you that Leeds was cheap.

Anyway.. to keep this more on topic, I'm looking for some content
management software to run on Linux. More specifically, I'm looking for
some content management software for personal use so that I can put
together a pile of information and media. I've looked at some blog-a-like
software such as Movable Type but it's not really a blog I'm putting
together.

Primary requirements are:
  - secure, i.e. does not have weekly exploits posted to bugtraq
  - written in something sane, Python or Perl preferred
  - good community support, ongoing development and with community
contributions if possible

So, given that you've done some work with Zope etc. I was wondering
whether this may be a good candidate?
--
rik