[Wylug-discuss] Linux-friendly POTS-to-VOIP-to-POTS

mikeb at gbdirect.co.uk mikeb at gbdirect.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 12:07:54 BST 2005

I've had a completely painless service from voiptalk.org and have bought
VOIP-POTS connectivity from them - including an 0207 number. Can't recommend
them too highly. I have several VOIP devices from them.

If you were thinking of buying a cheap Grandstream phone they work fine, but
have very limited features. Beware that they MUST NOT BE POWERED DOWN while
tftp-ing their firmware. I'd buy something more upmarket as a VOIP handset in
future.

Our distributed office (Ely, Leeds, Harrogate) regularly does VOIP chat
and conferencing.

I also have a Sipura adapter which does two handset lines, cost about 50 quid as
I remember and works well. Plug in the Ethernet, a handset, configure and off you go.

Mike

--
Mike Banahan - http://www.gbdirect.co.uk - Tel 0870 200 7273, Mobile 07970 942590