[Wylug-discuss] Two Ideas for Meeting Sessions

Nick Moulsdale nick at ebi.ndo.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 12:38:55 BST 2005

I think it’s a brilliant idea. I struggle with Linux on my servers because I have to try and remember where logs are, what to look for etc. I find that I know a little about quite a lot, but cannot decide where to go next. Anything that gets me to try new programs, ideas etc is excellent. Guinea Pig, no problem.

It’s the enormous amount of stuff that’s out there that’s daunting too. If I need to do XXX there's a tool or utility to do it, but where do you start? Google sometimes, but often it’s a call to my friendly Linux Guru.

A thought. This "Ask the audience" could be first so it doesn't impinge on drinking time?

Best wishes

Nick (with Flu)

N.G. Moulsdale FCA
Group Finance Director