[Wylug-discuss] Linux-friendly POTS-to-VOIP-to-POTS

gARetH baBB hick.wylug at gink.org
Wed Oct 12 16:23:05 BST 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Mike Goodman wrote:

> I'm currently involved in setting up just such a service, via Pipecall
> Media. They were the originators in this country and have a well-funded
> plc behind them. I can give you full details.

That's an interesting description of a company which has had its share
price plummet, had to issue warnings due to poor trading and bad debts,
and is effectively up for sale ...

Pipemedia (bought by BusinessServe, which is now called Legend
Communcations) did have at the time a good VoIP offering, but hasn't quite
moved with the times and I would now regard as poor-to-average value.