[Wylug-discuss] Future meetings.........

Mischa Oliver Altmann een2moa at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Sep 14 13:04:09 BST 2005

a suggestion for 10 minute session:

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:10:04 +0100, Dave Fisher wrote
[snip elaborate discussion on new wylug sessions]
> The way that mailing list threads tend to break across month/year
> boundaries doesn't help, but the fundamental problem is threading
> itself:
>
>   1. Some people simply don't know how to maintain threads properly
>
>   2. But often one simply can't be sure whether a new point should
>   branch from an existing thread, continue the main thread or start an
>   entirely new one.
well, here's one topic for a 10minute session. I realise that there are a
places to look these things up but many of us don't because we think we're
doing the right thing already. mailing lists form an integral part of most
open source development/discussion/help and hence it would be worth while
to spend some time on it.

thumbs up for looking at the broader picture Dave et al.! I look forward to
the mini-sessions and newbie oriented talks.

thanks,
  Mischa

--
Mischa Oliver Altmann
Student Representative of Level 3, Elec.Engineering

personal website: http://www.altmann.at/~mischa (in terrible state)

A: 13 Bentley Grove
   Leeds, LS6 4AT, United Kingdom
E: een2moa at spam-me-not.leeds.ac.uk