[Wylug-discuss] ADSL migration

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu May 11 15:44:32 BST 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 15:19, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 15:09 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Does anyone know anything, good or bad, about either of these service
> > providers?  Send off-list if you would prefer.  Thanks
>
> Why was Zen no use?
>
> I've actually been pretty impressed by them - I get static IP and they
> will set reverse DNS for you (not relevant to most people, but very
> useful for me as I run an accessible mail server on my line).  They
> generally seem fairly clued up and reliable.
> Not the cheapest although my price has dropped recently as I moved to
> the Zen 8000 Active (20GB capped).

We definitely want uncapped - and expect to pay more for it.  Our usage is
very variable, and unpredictable, so we'd rather pay a fixed higher sum than
get occasional unpleasant surprises.

The reply from the sales guy basically pointed me at a couple of web pages,
which I had already seen.  When I tried to print those pages out most of the
info was unprintable - I must have printout if I'm comparing.  It was the
capping, though, that ruled them out completely.

Anne