[Wylug-discuss] Windows Refund. HP vs DELL.

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Apr 20 09:23:53 BST 2007

On March 1st John Hodrien writes:

> On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Smylers wrote:
>
> > Sounds like recent campaigning to Dell may be having an effect:
> >
> >  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/28/dell_linux_computers/
> >
> > Though Dell says:
> >
> >  ... we have seen a consistent request to provide platforms that
> >  allow people to install their operating system of choice
>
> Don't expect it to be too soon though.

Hmmm, according to Dell's own website, Michael Dell himself runs Linux
(the Ubuntu that was released yesterday, no less) on a Dell laptop:

  http://www.dell.com/content/topics/global.aspx/corp/biographies/en/msd_computers?c=us&l=en&s=corp

That surely makes it awkward for Dell to claim there's no market for it?

Smylers