[Wylug-discuss] Suggestion for website

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue May 15 12:52:34 BST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 11:49:54AM +0100, Chris Brown wrote:
> A working example for comment on planet WYLUG is available at
> http://planet.chruz.com. I have only had positive responses so far so could
> it would be good to know from the person with access to wylug web hosting
> whether they want to go ahead and move this across.

Chris,

Please don't take silence to mean acquiescence.

People haven't had much time to read and understand your proposal or its
implications, still less to craft a considered response.

I doubt if I'm the only person who hasn't yet grasped:

  * What a 'planet' actually *is*

  * What WYLUG might use it for, that the existing wordpress blog can't
    do?

    http://www.wylug.org.uk/blog/

... and I'm one of the people 'with access to wylug web hosting'.

Please don't infer from this that I'm in the slightest bit opposed to
your proposal.

I simply not sure that I understand it and all of its potential
implications.

Perhaps you could help out with a little explanation and justification?

> Only requirements are
> python >= 2.2.

That's probably not a problem, but there are limits to what we can do.

Leeds Uni hosts for us.

They are very supportive, but have a duty to consider the security and
maintenance implications for themselves of any executable code that we
might deploy.

Dave