[Wylug-discuss] Suggestion for website

Dave Fisher wylug-discuss at davefisher.co.uk
Tue May 15 17:21:05 BST 2007

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 04:12:12PM +0100, John Leach wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-05-15 at 13:12 +0100, Dave Fisher wrote:
> > Any viable community or discussion needs to set topic boundaries and
> > behavioural norms.
> >
> > Without them, you simply get a cacophony of disparate voices and
> > opinions, i.e. people talking past each other instead of to each other.
>
> welcome to the Internet :)

Yeah, it still amazes me that it's usable at all ;)

I agree that LUGs have many aims, including social ones, which the
planet idea might help.

That said, many of our social aims are similar to those of golf clubs
and reading groups, so I think that we need to make sure the site's
overall focus remains on what makes us different from them.

Dave