[Wylug-discuss] Suggestion for website

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Tue May 15 22:15:40 BST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Dave Fisher wrote:

> I agree that LUGs have many aims, including social ones, which the
> planet idea might help.
>
> That said, many of our social aims are similar to those of golf clubs
> and reading groups, so I think that we need to make sure the site's
> overall focus remains on what makes us different from them.

That said, I think it's always worth remembering that WLYUG isn't a lobbying
or advocacy group:

    "WYLUG is a group of people who use or are interested in GNU Linux and Open
     Source software. We aim to offer informal help and guidance to GNU Linux
     and Open Source software users through events, meetings, our email lists
     and of course this website.

I'm not saying that I'm for or against this, but I wouldn't like the balance
to shift away from the informal.

jh

--
"Love is a state in which a man sees things most decidedly as they are not."
                                                      -- Nietzsche