[Wylug-discuss] what is the difference?

Scott Hodgson linux at sh2515.plus.com
Tue Sep 4 20:42:08 BST 2007

I am a little perplexed as to the difference between the 3 main desktop
interface's

What is the difference between KDE GNOME and XFCE, I thought it was the
display - as in xfce was like a mac, kde all at bottom of screen and
gnome at the top - but having looked at ubuntu, kubuntu and xubuntu they
all have the same layout.  could someone put me straight.  all the
websites I have seen is that it is the look and feel of it, but also
they say xfce is more performance based but they all look alike on the
'buntu group.

scotty