[Wylug-discuss] Open Source attacks.

Jeremy Harmer J.M.Harmer at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 10:51:38 BST 2008

> Has Ubuntu made Linux usable by monkeys?! Just monkeys not
> afraid of the command line!

My two little boys - while not monkeys (!) can use Ubuntu just fine. Ok,
they didn't install it, but they've found their way round OpenOffice
without any help from me at all. Nowadays almost all of the websites
their teachers tell them to try out work fine in Firefox.

And they actually want to learn what command-line commands they can use
as that little box fascinates them!

I bet my kids could install Ubuntu just as easily as (and far quicker
than) Windows, given just a short crib-sheet as to what to use for
network parameters.

Jeremy.