[Wylug-discuss] Future of WYLUG...

Phil Driscoll phil at dialsolutions.co.uk
Fri Apr 25 16:50:20 BST 2008

I guess that we will not be innundated with volunteers to take over as WYLUG
organiser. However I suspect that many of us (even Dave!) might be prepared
to take over a fraction of the role.

So, I volunteer to be responsible for providing (or doing) talks and bringing
the refreshments for one evening per year. I'll also be responsible for
posting notices to mailing lists and the website for that evening, and for
putting up any presentations on the website. If another ten do the same, we
are sorted on that front.

To take over Jim's role, we really need volunteers with who either work/study
at, or have good connections with the university. I think we have enough
WYLUG regulars in that camp to share the job. Those with good uni connections
may have advice on the level of seniority required in that position to keep
the university happy.

Of course, if someone wants to do the entire job, please step forward :)
--
Phil Driscoll