[Wylug-discuss] EeePC and Samba

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:30:09 GMT 2008

On Friday 11 Jan 2008, John Hodrien wrote:
> For networks with simple security requirements, NFS is very easy to setup,
> and is very reliable.
>
> http://nfs.sourceforge.net/nfs-howto/
>
> Seems to look good at a quick glance.

I'll bear that in mind for another time, thanks.

> But I do feel like I'm answering a question that you might not be asking.
> Exactly what are you currently failing to get working?

When you've run out of ideas it's sometimes difficult to know just what you do
need to ask :-)

However, the situation is now resolved.  I put the whole explanation in a
message I sent accidentally to Andrew Cole, but the re-send should have hit
the list by the time you read this.

Thanks to all who tried to help.  Sometimes a suggestion doesn't cure the
problem, but breaks the circle of thinking.

Anne