[Wylug-discuss] Leeds Hackspace

Jonathan Stirling deathofphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:14:56 UTC 2009

For some time now Leeds has been in need of a proper hacker space. The
number of hacking groups has increased significantly over recent years with
meetings like GeekUp and opencoffee. In the last few months hackspaces have
begun forming around the UK in London, Birmingham and the North West - some
of which have already been mentioned within this mailing list.

However even with all this interest, we're still missing a place in Leeds
where we can store and collaborate on projects, share ideas and learn new
skills without having to make a significant investment of time, space and
money.

We'd like to change that, but we need people to help.

If you're interested in the idea, check out our google group, twitter feed
or our website.

Find us here: http://groups.google.com/group/leeds-hack-space or follow us
on twitter at http://www.twitter.com/leedshackspace or just check out our
website at http://hackspace.leeds2600.org.uk.