[Wylug-discuss] Leeds Hackspace

mark mark at aktivix.org
Fri Apr 10 14:10:59 UTC 2009

Hi Johnny, Hi everyone.

I don't know how much this crosses over with your interests, but we do
have a kind-of hack group at The Common Place
(http://www.thecommonplace.org.uk). We meet up on the first Sunday of
every month from 10-4, with some of us continuing work on projects
between meetings. The meetings are free and free, open to all and
usually consist of a mixture of collaborative working on hardware and
software projects, teaching and learning according to the wishes of who
turns up, and a GNU/Linux clinic. Recent topics of discussion have
included development of security resources for activists, free media,
maintaining a small suite of computers as a community resource in our
cafe area, and more. We were recently featured in Linux Format. We have
a mailing list tcpit at lists.riseup.net - if you want to join please send
an email introducing yourself to the list.

Please excuse me for not joining your google group but I would like to
be kept up to date about how your plans go - and good luck!

Cheers,
Mark