[Wylug-discuss] LinkedIn

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Thu Feb 17 16:49:39 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 02:43:14PM +0000, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:
> After (perhaps foolishly) promising in December that I'd have a
> LinkedIn profile done by February, I'm pulling one together...
>
> Lots of LUGs seem to have groups. I can't find one for WYLUG (but my
> LinkedIn foo is weak so that doesn't mean one doesn't exist). If one
> existed then at least I might have a cool logo ion the profile (rather
> than less cool text) and it'd be easier to connect with other people.

I don't remember seeing one.

> opinions? cool? uncool? interested? uninterested? whatever?

Erm, I don't see why not.

LinkedIn isn't something I'm a huge fan of, although I'm finding more and more
lately that it's the de-facto business networking site.

I announce the meetings on Twitter. If the two could be linked, then I can see
the value as a meeting announcement tool to catch the folks who are on one but
not the other.

James