[Wylug-discuss] Printer recommendations wanted...

A J Cole ajcole at ajcole.org
Thu Mar 24 10:00:45 UTC 2011

>Anyone recommend a robust small office printer mainly for b/w printing but
>also ok for colour photo prints, that plays well with Linux.

I was forced to replace my Officejet D155xi, similar vintage to yours,
15 months ago (still printing perfectly but scanner warmup intermittent
so no reliable scan, copying or manual Fax out).

My replacement criterion was similar, or better and more, functionality
to the D155xi (was happy without A3) so I got a HP Officejet 6500
(E708n Series).  The next HP price range handles larger paper.

Amazon offered the best price at that time - about 50% of the HP UK price
(and no carriage).

Can't really comment on its photo quality - seems fine to me (not as
good as a Kodal all-in-one I would say) - nor how well it really plays
with Linux (it does) since I typically drive it from VMware.

>[1] yes I've tried new cartridges!

As I recall none of those "curvy" HPs has replacable "nozzles".

Andrew