[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Mon Mar 28 22:24:43 UTC 2011

Do all digital cameras work with Linux these days? If not, how does one
check whether a particular model does before purchasing it?

A non-techie has very kindly said she will buy me a pocket digital
camera for a present, and doesn't want to end up getting one that
doesn't play nicely with my Ubuntu laptop. Is there anything I can tell
her as a way of checking, or anything she should avoid (without her
telling me the model in advance, thereby spoiling the surprise)?

Thanks.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2