[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

Smylers smylers at stripey.com
Tue Mar 29 08:18:08 UTC 2011

Peter Nix writes:

> Smylers, If all else fails/surprises, don't you just withdraw the
> memory card and put it in the card reader?

Quite possibly -- the whole point of this thread is that I _don't_ know
what I'm doing, so thanks for the suggestion!

Now you mention it, this laptop does have some kind of slot in the side
with a piece of plastic which pops out when pressed, so if the camera
comes with something that looks the right shape to put in the slot it's
something I can try and see what happens.

(My previous camera saved photos to its internal disk, so I have no
experience at all of memory cards.)

> At the same time as you put the re-chargeable battery in the charger?

My previous camera took AA batteries. In theory rechargeable ones
worked, but in practice the camera was so eager to dismiss batteries as
being dead that the lower voltage of rechargeable ones meant otherwise:
I was lucky to take 10 photos before needing to change them.

Thank you to everybody for the help.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2