[Wylug-discuss] Digital Camera Compatibility

Peter Nix peter at pjnix.org
Tue Mar 29 08:35:00 UTC 2011

On 29 Mar 2011, at 10:10CEST, Smylers wrote:

> My previous camera took AA batteries. In theory rechargeable ones
> worked, but in practice the camera was so eager to dismiss batteries as
> being dead that the lower voltage of rechargeable ones meant otherwise:
> I was lucky to take 10 photos before needing to change them.

But the proprietary Li-ion re-chargeable inside my Canon G10 does three or four hundred exposures (without flash) per full charge and is still working nicely with >14 000 pictures on the clock.

USB chargers, like ie1394 cables and card readers, I get from Poundland. Their Kodak one-time AA batteries, otoh, have about a third of the life in my GPS that Maplin ones have - where I just bought a carton of 100 for ukp15,
Peter