[Wylug-discuss] Ubuntu loses the plot: looking elsewhere...

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Thu Oct 13 14:42:38 UTC 2011

I'm thinking of reverting to vanilla Debian, especially for
my home server.

Anybody using Arch Linux? I've heard good things, but I am a bit wedded to
Debian's packaging system. What's pacman like? and does their package
management really work.

As far as I can see Mint is basically a rebadged Ubuntu - there are quite a
few such distros. The dependance on Ubuntu is problematic. But I'd be happy
for someone to convince me otherwise.

Any other recommendations?

Other than Fedora that is :-) Yes I know about Fedora.

cheers
Jim