[Wylug-discuss] advice on ebook reader or similar...

Richard Ibbotson richard.ibbotson at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 22 12:57:59 UTC 2011

On Thursday 22 September 2011 13:51:49 John Hodrien wrote:
> Personally I'd say e-ink absolutely canes LCD screens for being a
> book replacement, so I'd agree 100% with Dave.  The only case I've
> found e-ink to be less good is in very low light where you've not
> got access to another light source, but that's much the same with
> an actual book.

Yes.  From the technical point of view I'm not arguing with that.
From the subjective point of view.  I can get by with Android in all
but the brightest conditions.  Which is why I might buy a Kindle.
Depending on where I'm going to I might take either or both.  Both of
them are small lightweight devices that fit into a bag.  Both of them
can do e-mail.  Kindle has a webkit browser.

--
Richard