[Wylug-discuss] Running Windows with VirtualBox

John john at clip-4-win.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 15:13:47 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 02:53:32PM +0000, Smylers wrote:

> In that case I don't think I'll bother. I've managed without running
> Windows for a decade now, with only minor inconvenience, so I'm sure I
> can cope with continuing like that.

If you might want to run it only very occasionally, maybe repartition
and then multi-boot, with Linux as the default OS.

To do that, shrink the Win7 partition.  Not too painful.  Then install
Linux.  It does mean a big chunk of hard drive is doing nothing almost
forever but maybe that's OK.

No licence issues with that, AFAIK, and no fighting drivers etc.

John