[Wylug-discuss] Gnome 3 Review

David Holden dh at iucr.org
Thu Mar 22 08:11:01 UTC 2012

> After 6 months of trying to work productively with Unity, I gave up
> ... although part of that was down to the general graphical bloat
> (compiz, etc).

I didn't like Unity at all - vanilla gnome3 as done in opensuse12.1 with
some tweaks is where I'm at and I'm reasonably OK with it at present.
I've found it mainly falls down in the way Gnome has always falling
down, some things that should be easy like file associations or adding
new launchers are quite painful.

On bloat - KDE 4.x ran like a pig on my machine - I think mainly because
of it's compiz stuff.

 Dave.

--
Dr David Holden. (dh at iucr.org)