[Wylug-discuss] [WYLUG-DISCUSS] Stuck with Ubuntu?

Martyn Ranyard ranyardm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 17:04:23 UTC 2012

Mike,

With all due respect, language is anarchic.  Asking people's advice and
then laying into them for what you consider to be bad use of language is
just plain rude and will discourage people from bothering to reply.

Aside from the fact that "Bleeding edge" is different from "Leading edge",
the former being a state in software development where the software is
"brittle" and often breaks*, the simile being like a blade that is dripping
blood - appearing to bleed.  There are many phrases in the English language
that display these kinds of contradictions.  Getting all high and mighty
whilst displaying ignorance is great fun and all that but asking for
opinions and then doing it is not something you should do lightly.

--
Martyn
*Of course software is not physical so can't possibly be brittle, or break,