[Wylug-discuss] "Dynamic" QR codes... [OT sorry]

Jim Jackson jj at franjam.org.uk
Thu Aug 22 13:25:48 UTC 2013

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013, Smylers wrote:

> Jim Jackson writes:
>
> > Ok so any advice on pros and cons of ways to redirect the QR url to
> > the current content url. I'm proposing on running this on the
> > volunteer groups webservice, so I'm not sure http redirection is on.
>
> A lot of shared hosting providers provide support for uploading
> .htaccess files (with redirects in them). It's probably worth checking
> that, because it may be the simplest way to go.

Ok I'll check that out.

> Also when using QR codes, bear in mind:
> https://twitter.com/cluedont/status/322277799182336001
> https://twitter.com/jcolman/status/320917928881033218/photo/1
> http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/

Oooo you cynic :-)

But just to reassure, the code won't be on the back on a bus, car or
any place that is unscannable. It will be on a leaflet along with a
perfectly human readable URL.

Jim
p.s. using a QR code wasn't my idea and I do not own any device that can
scan and decode one - unless you count the RaspberryPi and camera on the
experimenting bench!