[Wylug-discuss] New to Leeds Need to find a LUG

Darren Menachem Drapkin darren.drapkin at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 27 20:19:45 UTC 2015

Unfortunately, wylug is somewhat moribund. There is an out-of-date
website, this list and some more webby stuff that I do not know about.

However, unless I have been officially sniped, we do not meet in public
anymore.

If you do want to try re-starting a linux user group in Leeds, I would be
happy to lend a hand. I live in your general area, in Alwoodley.

On Tuesday 27 Jan 2015 20:01:36 Andrew Glass wrote:
> Evening all
>
> I moved to Leeds last year as my girlfriend was expecting, so Ive left
> Durham LUG as I now live in Moortown.  Im interested in joining and
meeting
> up at the monthly meetings but not sure you are all still meeting up?
>
> A little about myself - 37 Years old, Swimming Teacher and RLSS
Trainer,
> Linux user for 5 years, moved around the distros a bit, my little HP
micro
> server is currently running Debian, Desktop was Ubuntu however Im
moving to
> Fedora this week.  Battling with the move to systemd and studying for
the
> Linux Foundation Certified System Administrator exam then the Linux
> Foundation Certified System Engineer.
>
> It would be great to meet likeminded Linux people and come for a
chat and
> drink, do the meetings still take place?  Be nice to network a little as I
> don't know many people down here in Yorkshire.
>
> Hope to hear from you all.
>
> Cheers
>
> Andrew

Darren Drapkin