[Wylug-discuss] Linux program recommendaitons to replace windows programs

John Robert Hudson j.r.hudson at virginmedia.com
Tue Jul 28 16:05:00 UTC 2015

Hi David

A lot also depends on the desktop you are using. For example, with KDE, Kate
is regarded by many as second only to Vim and may have a less steep learning
curve - unless you really want to impress sysadmins.

Again KDE has a number of features built in for working remotely which may
make a separate program redundant.

It all depends on your desktop preference.

John