[Wylug-discuss] Next Meeting 26th January 7:30. Can we change it to the 25th?

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 09:50:51 UTC 2017

On Friday 13 January 2017 15:49:33 David Morris via Wylug-discuss wrote:
> I got a Raspberry Pi 3 from my brother in law. I'm well chuffed about it.
> I'm hoping to get a small robot kit and program it for following a route
> drawn out on paper on the floor (for the kids at school!)
>
> Any recommendations on Robot kits?
>
> David Morris
> 3G Telecommunications Limited

For a first kit you can do a lot worse than the CamJam kit

https://thepihut.com/products/camjam-edukit-3-robotics

I'm a fan of the CamJam kits, and bought a few of the Kit 2's to build
PIR/lux/temperature sensors for my home automation system.

There are a number of howto's online for extending this kit to include remote
control using a Wii remote, and even one to control it using voice commands
via Alexa.

(BTW, Amazon Dot / Alexa combined with IFTTT is amazing. I can controll pretty
much anything anywhere  via voice commands)