[Wylug-help] Linux "Domain NotBound" problem

RobertSpeedRobS@viclabs.co.uk RobertSpeedRobS at viclabs.co.uk
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:27:19 +0000

Two things here;
First, it's not referring to the domain in the traditional sense.
It's referring to a YP (NIS) domain - it's different.
I'm unsure how OpenLinux does stuff wrt init, etc.
Try hunting in /sbin for an init or init.d directory.
Then look for a reference to ypclient in any of the
directories lower than that (rc2.d for example).
The actual level you'll want will be referenced (generally)
in /etc/inittab.

If it's anything like SuSE (probably isn't), it'll have a control file
in /etc (SuSEs is called rc.config) where you set certain flags,
services, etc.

Basically, you've got a NIS client running, it needs stopping as I
suspect you're not running a NIS server.

The second thing is more of a complaint.
I wouldn't normally respond to people who use pseudonyms,
try signing a 'real' type name (even if it's not your real one!).
Signing things as 'Mr E' or whatever isn't really polite when you're
asking for help.

HTH

Rob S.
(Rally X)    :-)