[Wylug-help] Still Having Shuttle SN45G Problems

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Thu Dec 4 19:39:51 GMT 2003

Hi All

I'm still having no joy with my Shuttle SN45G
(http://us.shuttle.com/specs_access.asp?pro_id=279). Gentoo (inc the latest
Live CD with the 2.6 kernel), Debian 3.0, Fedora and Slackware 9.1 won't
even boot. I did get Mandrake 9.1 installed this evening (using "linux
mem=128M), but KDE failed to load properly on first boot and a further
reboot failed.

The only relative success I've had is with SuSE 8.1 and Red hat 9.0. I
explained my problems with SuSE 8.1 previously on this list and Red Hat 9.0
failed to boot the day after I installed and upgraded it with the latest
packages via up2date.

Therefore I am now considering SuSE 8.2 Pro or 9 Pro. If it'll work it'll be
worth the money. Does anyone know (for sure) if it will work? I've contacted
SuSE directly, but I'm not holding out much hope.

Regards
Paul

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk