[Wylug-help] ADSL & CCL

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
21 Feb 2003 15:31:39 +0000

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 12:12, Steve King wrote:
> If you go for the wires-only ADSL (which I suggest) you will need to buy
> some microfilters, as a rule of thumb one per phone, but you can get
> away with less if you have something like this (warning, asii art ahead,
> and I can't do it well!)
>

>     BT      micro  /-ADSL router
> ---MASTER---filter-
>    SOCKET          \------ phone  /--- a phone of some sort
>                           splitter\--- another phone or fax

Its far better to redo your master socket if you are happy about doing a
little bit of rewiring (its all punchdown IDC stuff so nothing hard).
[Its also quite legal - you are allowed to change the front panel part
of a BT NTE box, but if you go inside the main part of the box or tamper
with the wiring into that (the 2 wire part from the exchange) then you
are in problem areas]

See
	http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/adsl_bits.htm

	Nigel.