[Wylug-help] Needed: sample ~/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:31:40 +0100

Dear all,

If anyone has a fairly comprehensive sample or default version of a
~/.gnome/mime-info/user.keys file, and is willing to pass it on, I'd
really appreciate a copy.

I understand that gmc (and nautilus?) use this for mime type
associations and stuff like associating filetypes with desktop icons.

Unfortunately, some app or other has more of less emptied mine (5 stanzas
left).

I'd rather not have to type up hundreds/thousands(?) of stanzas merely to
recreate it, and the dialogue box driven gnome2 settings on my system
just don't work.

I've had a good look around my online documentation and tried a fair bit
of googling for samples, but come up with little more than gnome
developer docs which merely explain the file's syntax (which I already
know).

It may be more appropriate to send any sample files off-list, since
personal configs are involved, but I'll happily report results back to
the list itself.

Dave