[Wylug-help] Cisco Aironet 350 and RedHat 9

Salil Khamkar bus2s2k at leeds.ac.uk
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 13:32:33 +0100

Have been trying to get my Cisco Aironet card working under redhat but
have been unable to do so.

I have done all the basic steps, kernel has support for the airo module.
airo.o has been loaded up. Also have downloaded the ACU utility of
Cisco, once i fire it up, it even detects that my card is associated
with the WAP near me. I have even set the WEP key from the ACU utility.

if i run the iwlist utility it detects all the acess points which are
close to me.

In spite of this time when i do i

#ifconfig eth1 ,
i get an error, its probably not able to get an ipaddress from the DHCP
server.

Any idea ?? I am unable to think as to why my machine is not able to
connect to the network.

Regards
--
Salil