[Wylug-help] Telewest BlueYonder Broadband

Peter Nix p.j.nix at leeds.ac.uk
Sat Jun 14 11:50:09 BST 2003

Gary,

There's excellent adsl info at:
http://www.adslguide.org.uk/
with good equipment and isp reviews.

I've had Eclipse 500 Lite wires-only for about 18 months
http://www.eclipse.net.uk/index.cfm?id=3Dbbprice
which gives you a fixed ip number. Service has been excellent with only
three outages I've noticed in the period.

I haven't dealt with Solwise
http://www.solwise.co.uk/
who appear to know about telephony as well as broadband and offer all
sorts of useful things not commonly available elsewhere.
eg faceplate splitters:
http://www.solwise.co.uk/adsl_splitters.htm
along with technical advice and explanation

Peter

Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm just looking at updating my dial-up =A313 per month BY account to Bro=
adband
> (ethernet option) and was wondering if anyone had any horror stories I sh=
ould
> know about.
>
> --
> Gary Stainburn
>
> This email does not contain private or confidential material as it
> may be snooped on by interested government parties for unknown
> and undisclosed purposes - Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act, 2000

Peter Nix
AHRB CentreCATH,
School of Fine Art, History of Art & Cultural Studies,
Old Mining Building,
University of Leeds,
Leeds, LS2 9JT, UK.
http://www.leeds.ac.uk/cath/