[Wylug-help] (no subject)

Andrew Jayes andrew.jayes at visitheartofengland.com
Wed Jun 25 11:33:14 BST 2003

Hi all,
            Has anyone tried to setup redhat 7.3 - 9 on a Compaq
proliant 1600 server? The problem that I have found is that the power
management halts the server after a few minutes of use. At boot I am
entering the command apm=off and it seems to help, but doesn't remove
the problem altogether.

Using dmesg the server reports  apm: BIOS not found

Anyone got any ideas for me? Just removing all power management will be
fine the server is always on, and not to critical.

Thank you

Andrew jayes