[Wylug-help] USB memory sticks

lists at mungewell.org lists at mungewell.org
Tue Nov 18 10:38:31 GMT 2003

Hi Gary,
Most USB memory sticks will be designed as a USB Mass Storage device, and
presumably be formated MSDOS/VFAT (the one I have is...).

You'll need 'USB Core' and 'USB Storage' in your kernel, insert stick
and then mount it with something like 'mount -t msdos /dev/sda1
/floppy'.

You'll also find that some other devices will also work quite happily
with this method, i.e. camcorders with memory sticks built in and MP3
players.

Have fun,
Simon