[Wylug-help] Best 802.11g card/chipset under Linux?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Thu Apr 8 14:04:59 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 13:54, Dave Fisher wrote:
> Anyone know which chipset/s do 802.11g well under Linux?

Assuming you mean without binary kernel drivers, I think the answer is
the Prism set only.

> Anyone know which cards definitely contain these chipset/s?

:-)

Have a look at
	http://prism54.org/
	http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php

> Anyone have direct personal experience of getting them running?

Nope.  Would be interested in what you find - I do, oddly enough, have a
802.11g router (my old slower one stopped doing wireless) - and its
actually linux capable (Linksys W54), but I haven't tried breaking that
as yet.